Moving Day Tips!
As you prepare to call one of our properties home, the staff at Royal Management Services wants to help make your move as easy as possible. Here are a few tips to help make your move easier and less stressful.
Planning ahead helps your move go smoothly.
- Make sure all paperwork, tenants’ insurance, utilities etc. are all done and ready for your move in day.
- Confirm your move in date and time with your Site Manager and book an elevator if possible.
- Consider a mail forwarding service from Canada Post.
- Don’t forget to update your address with your employer, Canada Revenue and your bank!
Weather can impact the moving day so be ready for anything, it’s best to check the forecast for your moving day.
- Dress appropriately for the weather.
- Wear appropriate footwear to avoid slips and falls.
- If it’s going to be hot, make sure you have lots of water to keep everyone hydrated.
- If it’s raining or snowing, take precautions when moving things into your suite to avoid damages and injuries.
- Wear gloves with grips in cold weather.
Kids and Pets
Moving day can be very stressful on your kids and pets. If possible, it’s always easier for you and better for the kids and pets if they stay with someone while you are moving. If this can’t be done make sure someone is always keeping an eye on them as it’s new surroundings to all.
- Make sure you labeled all your boxes carefully when packing. This makes it much easier to know where everything should be going and makes the unpacking so much easier.
- Ensure your boxes and garbage are disposed of properly.
Enjoy Your New Home
You are all moved in and kids are ready for school. It’s now time to enjoy your new home and relax!